BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

A funny memory

Tyson just reminded me of a favorite memory of my mother-in-law. An old friend of his had a funny status (along the lines of "rhwjsaon dhkfg") and said her 3 yr old had typed it. Ty said, "Remember Mom's phone?"

So the story goes like this:
A number of years ago, I would go "running around" with Cari. We would drive around doing errands, window shopping, and stopping at Training Table for some cheese fries. During one such jaunt, she was trying to call her friend, Ellie, from her cell phone. She had tried to program her 'voice recognition' feature, but everytime she said, "Call Ellie." It would reply, "Call Connie?"

Finally she hands me the phone and asks me to find Ellie in her contact list. I started scrolling through names when she says, "It's under feedeebeedee." and sure enough...there it was....only it was more like "ffffeeddebbbeedddeee"

Well, I couldn't stop laughing. When I could finally talk, I asked why that meant Ellie. She said she had tried to type it in, but she couldn't figure it out (and apparently hadn't since learned how to edit an existing contact). That sent me into another laughing (and snorting) fit.

Eventually, she talked to Ellie and was free from my ridicule until a little while later when she asked me to dial "Darryl Peterson", and had to explain that his info would be found under "Deeddeepppeepppee".

1 comments:

Tyson said...

Classic! That still cracks me up.