BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Go Fish--Malstrom style

I don't think I've told this one, but it jumped to my mind today...

A little while ago, my kids asked me to play "go fish" with them. We had a short refresher course on how to play because Libby had always been too young to play her own hand before.
So after playing a few rounds with them, I noticed that they were not really playing the way that I was. See if you can spot the difference:

Me:"Give me all your 5's"
Child #1:"I don't think I have any...(splays out all of her cards). I'm sorry, I don't have any."

Child #1: "Mom, would you happen to have any 8's? "
Me: "(taunting) GO FISH!!"

Child #2: "Savannah, by any chance would you have any 3's in your hand?"
Child #1: "No, but I have some 2's if you want them."

Who replaced my children with polite ones?

1 comments:

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Impressive - I picture your children with English accents and classical music playing quietly in the background. :) Our kids usually have to double check each time a "Go Fish" is issued (Are you SURE? Look again! I SAW you had a 5!!). Maybe we'll have to take card game lessons from your family!