BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

BowCD (like OCD only with ribbons)

I don't know why I try new hobbies/crafts. I always think, "Well I'll just make this one, and then I will know how to if I ever want to. Then that will be the end of that, because I have too many hobbies already."

And who do I think I'm kidding?

With my OCD, my tendency is to not give up on something until I have mastered it.

I have a few friends who make very, very cute bows. I have purchased several bows from several sources for 11 years now. (ever since my first girl came out with a full head of hair) So, I don't really need to make my own bows, and it doesn't really save me any money to do so....

But a cousin threw a "bow-making party" on Thursday so that she could share her newfound skill with us, and the thought was that we would all trade ribbons and techniques. She showed us the youtube video that she learned with and then helped us out with our own. It took me about 3 hours (this is not an exaggeration) to make one bow:

Yesterday, I spent some time trying to come up with a less difficult way of making bows. I had tied a million ribbons, and know how to make a single bow, but the double bow/stacking kind was not bending to my will. (I even had somebody dent my van and pull away last night in the WalMart parking lot where I had to go to see if I could score some alligator clips).


Then today, I decided to look up "how to make bows" and found a wonderful site:



They list (for free) how to make all kinds of bows. So I finally found one that I liked, and that seems easier to me, and made another one (this one would be about my 8th attempt at bows). Success!! (at least to my liking).


No worries, I will not abandon my bow-making friends. I will still continue to buy just as many bows. And I don't intend to sell them, I don't have enough time or money for that. I just need to make about 5 or so more.....sets.

3 comments:

RACHELLE said...

i think you have it mastered! they look great to me! you are good at whatever you do...i'm pretty sure!

Suzi said...

Guess no more flowers? They are quite popular now.

Jaz said...

My girls still wear flowers & I will still buy flower clips from you & Jill....I just like to play with ribbon, and leave the flowers to you guys.