BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Savannah the Author

Savannah had to write some poetry for school, and I really love her style. She has always written the cutest, funniest, and most creative stories. She wants to be an author. Her 6th grade teacher says he even looks forward to reading her IRL (Independent Reading Logs) every week.....anyway....

Here are her 3 examples of "clerihews":

There once was a girl named Winifred.
Her favorite color was red.
Once she slipped on a spill of glue.
Now she can't remember....was her favorite color blue?

Come meet George.
Once he fell in a gorge.
He will tell you why he fell,
But it's a lie, a real Tall Tale.

There once was a guy named Victor.
He had a naughty sister.
Once he had to babysit.
Every once in awhile he spanked her a bit.

and here is her first narrative she wrote for 6th grade:

I am petrified of water. As I walked to the cart, I regretted even agreeing to go. Of course, I can't say no to a nice offer from someone, so naturally, I had to go. Some of the people walked by us dry. I was going to miss being dry.

The people who run Disney Land rides take pictures of people screaming their lungs out, I did not know that, seeing as this was my first time at Disney Land. My dad and my aunt knew about it. Anytime we heard clicking noises, my Aunt Corianne would make a “rock on” sign with her fingers and my dad would pretend he was scared. I was sitting right next to my dad, wondering why he was doing that.

The ride was quite slow, so it was more suspenseful. The cheesy animals were nodding and singing. I felt like barfing. Then I saw the vultures grinning like evil villains. Only being seven, I thought they were there to feast on innocent girls. My dad kept pointing them out for me. I laughed very convincingly, tricking my dad to think I wasn't nervous. (I'm quite good at tricking people.) As the vultures cackled wickedly and the cutesie chipmunks sang, I wished there were slingshots for sale.

Then, my eyes saw it, my ears heard it, and I started to shake uncontrollably. We were about to go down the fall.

I closed my eyes, waiting to be taken away by a dark, icy, cold portal... But wait, we had ended our ride! I wasn't even wet! I was so glad, I even laughed at how dumb it was to be so scared. I think Splash Mountain was a great step to overcome my fear of water.

4 comments:

Jill said...

What a darling writer! She is so creative! Very cute. :-)

RACHELLE said...

wow! love it! she is definately on track to be an author! and i would definately be a reader of her writings!!!!!!

way good savannah!

Neisha said...

Very descriptive - it made me remember exactly what it was like to go on that ride for the first time. Good Job Savanna.

cat said...

wow! i am totally impressed. what a good writer.
i have to admit that i am still chuckling at your last post "country combo...". i can totally picture it!:)