BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Letting you in on the joke


A few weeks ago, I was traveling back home from a JoAnn fabric store when I realized that it was 4pm and I hadn't eaten anything that day.


I decided to treat myself with a Country Chicken combo from Arctic Circle. I ordered, pulled around, paid the gal at the window and received my drink. Then the gal at the window walked away. I thought she might ask me to pull up and wait (which I have started a movement against!!), but she never did come back to the window.


Instead, a few minutes later, a rather enthusiastic man handed my bag out of the window with a huge grin and said, "Country Combo!!!" with the tone one might use when wishing someone "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Birthday!!". Then he says, "Got your drink???" in the same tone. I assured him that I had my drink and drove away.


As soon as I could get my window rolled up, the kids and I started giggling!! Seriously, there is no way to describe in words the happiness of this fast food worker, or the silliness that it inspired.


All the way home, the kids and I tried to recreate the moment. "Country Combo!!! Got your drink?" And every so often it just comes out in our every day conversations. "How was school. Did you turn in your papers? Country Combo!!!! Got your drink???" I even dared Savannah to say it instead of "Trick or Treat". She was going with a bunch of friends so I didn't think anyone would notice if one kid was saying "Country Combo!!" while the others were saying "Trick or Treat!!" As happens with most inside jokes, this has now evolved to include a kind of growly voice.....it was not said that way, but it is funny that way.


So anytime you're feeling down, remember this gentleman who was so happy to fulfill the duties of his job and proudly proclaim to yourself, "Country Combo!!" and don't forget to ask: "Got your drink???"

2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

I hate to admit it, but I am one of those strange overly enthusiastic people. I wonder how many people giggled at me when I was the money taker at a parking garage...hmm..something to think about..
How is the sarcastic font working for you?

Stacy Holmes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.