BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

So I see I'm not the only one.....

Who had so much to do that it put my brain in a no-time-for-blog-fog!!
Just in case you were wondering (and I know you are because our life is sooooo Exciting!! btw...this is what Stacy would call "sarcastic font") Here's some of what we've been doing:

September: On Libby's birthday, I decided to become a fantastic photographer, and take Jill O's advice, and make a light box. It turned out ok, but then I had to become knowledgeable in fixing pictures after an upload (am loving pixlr) I needed to take pics of the bows I had made (and haven't made many since...must have been a "phase"), so I asked my darling 6 year old to climb into the box....I know, I know...Mom of the Year.
So we decided to call it the "birthday box". I can just imagine the conversations that arose in her Kindergarten class: "Mom put me in a box on my birthday, and shined hot lights on me, and took a picture of my hair."




October: I agreed to make "kits" for a lady in Idaho for her to teach others how to make watch bands for a Super Saturday. This is yet another glimpse into the "what was I thinking?" part of my brain. I ended up making 37 kits, and then decided that I'm putting a blog post on how to make watch bands on my (yet another) blog. If you have been really wondering what I've been complaining about when I mention the watch bands, feel free to try it on your own:





I also decided this year that I'm not buying Halloween costumes. This will be year 2 of this movement in the Malstrom home. Born out of the fact that if you are a procrastinator (Present!) you can't really find any good costumes and most are cheap pieces of......fabric. So this year:

forgive the fuzzy photos.....these were "oops I meant to take pictures before we left the house since I probably won't dress you up this good on Halloween" taken with my phone photos

Savannah will be going as "the dark princess of awesome" ....a moniker that she gave herself a few years back. A neighbor loaned us a black and red goth looking dress, and since she made up the title, it can really look however we want.



Libby is wearing a Belle costume of Savannah's (pinned up b/c she's really not tall enough for it). While getting ready for the ward Harvest Party, I noticed it was quite filthy from being in the dress up rotation for a few years, so I did what any good mom would do: I got a few wipes and wiped it down really good.



Payton is going as Shaggy (big surprise). We had a green shirt, brown pants, and eyeliner to give him a goatee. We even have a stuffed Scooby for him to carry around. Now, the fact that he needs a haircut is not neglect on my part.....it's part of a Halloween costume. :)




Oh, and I forgot: I also came up with a schedule that ALMOST worked during off-track time....and it would've worked too if it weren't for those meddling kids (obligatory Scooby-Doo reference)























2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Yep- life gets crazy..and then it gets cold, and us lame-o's start blogging again. Lovin the sarcastic font..it totally needs to happen!

RACHELLE said...

i love that last part ...where you threw in the "meddling kids"
that was good stuff!