BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Jazber Creates (hide your glue guns)

Amber and I have been friends for a couple of years now (our daughters became BFFs in Kindergarten). I make jewelry for her and she takes stunning family photos for me. We have a super fun time. Lately, we have been on a craft kick and I just wanted to share some of our combined efforts/ideas


I think it started in July when she told me one night that she needed a "craft night" I gave her options from the craft supplies in my closet and she chose bows. I put bows together and she hot glued them to the clippies, and I think we made 20+ bows.



In September, I had a customer ask me if I could make 250 pendants for a Women's Retreat. I told her I couldn't because I'm a one woman company. She asked me to think about it. Then I told Amber about it, and she suggested that she would help and we could split the profits. I designed the image, printed and covered them, then Amber cut and pasted all of them into the bezels. I was astonished how quickly we got them done, and how well we work together.


In the middle of September, Amber found this idea on Pinterest for little wooden squares, painted with chalk paint and hung as a menu board.

One night, I went with her to Hobby Lobby. As she was collecting all of the necessary items to make these boards, I realized that it would be cheaper to buy an actual chalk board (not to mention it would save me from chalkboard paint fumes). So we bought one (using a 40% off coupon). She painted it and showed me where she wanted the words, and I got out the Cricut.

Next, she found this Halloween wreath (also on Pinterest). She wanted us to make it, but I thought it needed a little more "umph" to it.

So while I was at Hobby Lobby buying ribbon, I found the tulle on sale and made the wreath in the photo above for her.

End of September, first of October, it was time for "Wow Wednesday" a little craft night for the ladies in my church. I was in charge of finding another craft to add to our list. My friend, Suzi, had made me a Family Home Evening board a few years ago, and everyone admired it and wanted it. So I made a version of it, and gave the sample/prototype to Amber. (After I personalized it with her family photo)

Amber wanted Halloween decorations in her home. I only decorate for Christmas. Amber found the ghost idea on Pinterest (shocker) and made it with her kids. I got the Cricut Design Studio, and used it to make her a Boo/Spider sign. Didn't they turn out cute?

Then, last week, Amber said she needed a place to hang her keys. I had a plaque. I had hooks. AND, I had my Cricut (and some really neat transfer tape).

Now what will we make next?

0 comments: