BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Firstly

Ty said he thinks we should have a family blog. He has read a few of his friends' sites and thinks they are amusing so we shall try.

I guess our best story as of late comes from last weekend:
We went out to breakfast with the kids. After spending some time getting Payton to leave his drink alone, telling Savannah to keep her fingers out of her food, and wiping the strawberry and whipped cream from Libby, we were questioning the idea of a nice family dining experience.

I didn't really love my potatoes, so I passed them on to Payton. A little while later--just as the waitress was coming over to check on us---Payton walked up to me with plate in hand and announced (very loudly) "Mom, didn't you think these potatoes were gross?"
Thankfully the waitress just laughed and asked if she could take our empty plates and the "gross potatoes" away.

We have a little tradition at this particular restaurant of getting something out of the little machines out front. After getting the kids each a gumball, they wanted me to ask the wizard at the top of the machine a question. I gave in and asked, "Will my kids ever behave in a restaurant?" I waived my hand over the crystal ball with hope in my heart.
Then the wizard made his fateful pronouncement: "It is not in the cards."

3 comments:

Trish said...

Hey! That's a very funny little story. We just took our kids to Sweet Tomatoes last weekend, thinking it would be fun, since we don't take them all out to dinner very often. Let's just say it was a good reminder as to why we don't!

Shane and Tara said...

The wizard knows all

Anonymous said...

When the missionaries came over Christmas Eve-I handed them a gift basket that I had behind the Christmas tree. Ian said, "Mom you cant give them that-you said you bought that for Daddy's customers." I told Ian that I had had several of these and this one went to the missionaries. GOOD GRIEF!