BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

How to Speak Like a Malstrom

Every family has its own lingo. For instance in the Simmons household "blah-bo-do-bee" perfectly described your hair on a bad hair day.

In the Malstrom household, we have acquired many sayings and I present some here for you:

"Lucky beans" = green beans. For a short period of time in 2003, Payton decided he couldn't pronounce the "y" sound anymore. He was good at keeping up the facade as he said, "I love lou."

Then we visited my sister for Christmas. After a 4 hour flight without even a snack, I was thrilled to see that my thoughtful sister had made us a wonderful dinner. I was told later that (while I ate in another room) Payton had picked up a green bean, tasted it, then threw it at the wall and said, "These beans are LUCKY!"

"Smokey-palokey" and "Co-ca-mo"= terms of endearment. Usage of these terms are appropriate when leaving the house with Libby.

Me: Let's go Co-ca-mo
Libby: Okey dokey, Smokey-Palokey
Me: I'm not Smokey-Palokey. You are.
Libby: No, you are and you know you are.
Case closed.

"Back-uh-duh-chee"=macaroni and cheese. Savannah spoke really early so a few of her words did not come out just right. A few examples that caught on for awhile are: pitch-kur for picture, mag-itch for magic, and flow-ler for flower. But by far everyone's favorite (for ten years now) is the way she pronounced her favorite food- back-uh-duh-chee.

5 comments:

Shane and Tara said...

Ohhh the Malstroms and their silly words! Savannah also said pres-nit for present. We still remember that "word" to this day. I know this is straying from the subject a little, but remember when Shane called Elizabeth, Lizzy? She was mad. He has learned that the princess is no lizzard. Anyway, I love your blog. YOu are awesome!! I think you are the most talented person I have ever met. I miss you! We need to go find some junk sales.

Love, Tare

Tyson said...

Don't forget "gunk".

Anonymous said...

Look- in my house we still say that green beans are lucky and every Christmas I make sure that there is plenty of cha-lockit in the house all thanx to Payta and his verbal skillz.

Unknown said...

Mila has been saying "I loo" for I love you for many moons now....even though she just said to me last week "you so funny."

Also, Rocco started off as Dah-do, then Dah-co. Now, he's Taco.

Jaz said...

taco...that is HI-larious. Also, thanks to Camille, my kids will say "woof" when they are excited