BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Logic of Libby

Libby is saying the funniest things lately. It makes me wonder if she got my mother's curiosity for word origins:


The other night she starts doing somersaults all around the living room. She says to Tyson, "Dad, do you know what my favorite kind of exercise is? Somersaults. Cause it's summer and I like salt."


Today, I needed to go to Hobby Lobby after picking her up from Kindergarten. Then as I was driving back to the house, I decided that I wanted to pick up some lunch at Arctic Circle.


As we pass her school, Libby says, "Mom we're going in circles." (which was mostly true)


Then she says, "We went to our house, then school, then Hobby Lobby, then school....Wanna know why it's called Arctic Circle?"


Aha! I thought, She has switched gears, and will no longer be reminding me that I am wasting gas...so I said, "Sure."


She says, "Cause it's Arctic. And you have to drive in circles to get there."


Ha. Ha.

3 comments:

RACHELLE said...

is she loving kindergarten? i bet her teacher is lovin' her! missed you at dino land. next time!

Jaz said...

She does love Kindergarten! Already has two "best friends". Thanks for inviting me today. I'm trying to be a good mom and have some sort of routine. It probably won't last for more than 2 weeks. But the other two were little terrors in Kindergarten if they didn't take a nap each day after school.

Unknown said...

too cute!