BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

The ordeal

Yesterday, I was downstairs when I heard, "Mom!!! I'm beeding!!!"

I ran upstairs to see Libby with a palm full of blood. I rinsed her hand to see what kind of wound we were dealing with & knew immediately that she needed stitches.

She said she was bending a (toy) spoon when it broke. The doctor couldn't see how a toy spoon could cut so deep. But when we got home, I found the spoon & noticed that the handle was ceramic, so when she broke a piece off, it gouged right into her palm.

We spent 2 hours at Instacare. The shots to numb the hand were worse than the stitches. The doctor said she acted better than some adults.

4 comments:

Jill said...

my stomach is churning...poor girl!

Neisha said...

Oh - that sounds awful. Hope shes doing ok.

RACHELLE said...

hopefully the curse of the hawker house catastrophies ends there! my poor libby!

cat said...

OWWW!!! poor thing.
oh and i love your new banner. it rocks.