BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trip Log Tuesday (last full day)

So Tuesday was the funeral. It was nice to see some people I haven't seen in awhile like "Aunt" Libby (yes she is one of the people my daughter is named after).
Seeing as how my grandmother was cremated, I thought it was a little tacky when he minister said she was living a "recycled life"....it made sense in context but it was an unfortunate choice of words. Serena said Granny whispered to her "If he says I'm recycled one more time then I'm gonna kill him."
Then we went to eat across the street at Monjuni's with most of the family. Mackenzie introduced me to "Bath Junkies" where we attempted to recreate our old home's backyard scent. Cori had done it years ago. I like the fragrance....but it was a little too flowery for most people. (It was still fun!)

We went back to Granny's house and looked at old photo albums (serena will scan and post on facebook soon), and picked out a frog to remind us of Granny. (Not an easy task considering she has thousands of them).

Then we drove back to Houston, and today I fly home. I can't wait to see my husband and kids. I sure did miss them. I had a fun time with my sisters and am newly amazed by their talent and beauty. And it was a joy to see the rest of my family.

(*whispered* J.B. Loves Granny)

0 comments: